Thursday, February 11, 2016





Hello! I'm Liz. I'm the new child on the piece here at Oh My Veggies. Furthermore, I'm so eager to begin presenting to all of you some veggie-licious formulas! I live in a little ocean side New England town with my puppy. What's more, I have a sustenance blog called Floating Kitchen. I cherish making sound, lovely dishes with crisp, occasional fixings. Be that as it may, I likewise have an affinity for chocolate and whiskey. So you'll locate a smidgen of everything on my site. I'd be excited on the off chance that you ceased on over sooner or later to look at it! Be that as it may, enough about me right now. We should discuss Thanksgiving. Which is one and only week away. Is it true that you are feeling arranged? Overpowered? Some place in the middle? I'm really feeling really loose about the entire circumstance. My Mom is facilitating Thanksgiving supper at her home this year, so I certainly don't have the same number of obligations as I've had in years past when I've been the host. In spite of the fact that she did place me responsible for one imperative Thanksgiving staple: the sauce. Which is a dish you certainly would prefer not to botch up. Since no one ought to be compelled to devour stripped pureed potatoes on Thanksgiving day. That is simply off-base. Fortunately for me, I have this formula for Caramelized Onion and Apple Cider Gravy in my back pocket. What's more, the best part is: it's made altogether in the moderate cooker! One of my most loved approaches to build the abundance of any dish is with the expansion of caramelized onions. So it's nothing unexpected that they do marvels to make a tasty, complex tasting veggie lover sauce also. Be that as it may, caramelizing onions can be a period devouring procedure that requires a touch of consideration at the stove. Which is the exact opposite thing we have to stress over on Thanksgiving day. So when I was making this formula, I chose to caramelize the onions overnight in my moderate cooker. This was a decent choice on my part. Since not just did the onions turn out splendidly caramelized with negligible work, however my home noticed AMAZING also! Once the onions were caramelized, I kept cooking them with some hard apple juice, vegetable stock and herbs. At that point I mixed everything together for a smooth completion. This entire procedure couldn't be any less demanding. Also, nobody will figure you didn't utilize any turkey drippings for this sauce!