Thursday, February 11, 2016





I am serving up solace sustenance realness today. Solace nourishment since: hi, gooey meal! Also, realness in light of the fact that there are no jars of soup or squares of artificial cheddar included. It requires somewhat more investment to make your own particular cheddar sauce, however believe me, it's totally justified, despite all the trouble. This Broccoli Cheddar Brown Rice Casserole was not motivated by a dish by any means, but rather by Rice-A-Roni. On the other hand possibly Uncle Ben's. I don't have the foggiest idea! In any case, growing up, my mother would dependably make broccoli cheddar rice from a container. That was one of my most loved side dishes, regardless of the fact that the cheddar was powdered and the broccoli was minute. I couldn't have cared less! I was making a cheddar sauce for macintosh and cheddar a few weeks prior and began considering that rice and thinking about whether I could make my own particular variant of that rice utilizing a hand crafted cheddar sauce. In spite of the fact that I stepped of heating it, you could likewise simply serve it right out of the pot—that works as well! I hadn't generally expected this to be a Thanksgiving post since I think a great many people have their menus arranged at this point, yet in the event that you're searching for an additional side dish, this one is unquestionably a group pleaser. (What's more, on the off chance that you have French-seared onions left over from your green bean goulash you can utilize those on top rather than panko!) Because cheddar sauce tends to be unpredictable, especially when it's made with cheddar, I wouldn't hazard making the entire dish ahead of time—simply cook the rice and broccoli, then make the cheddar sauce and gather the meal on Thanksgiving